Each day millions of automobiles travel the network of Northern California’s freeways and streets. Unfortunately, the high number of vehicles on the road combined with other factors like speed and road conditions make accidents inevitable.
In 2017, the California Highway Patrol (CHP) reported the following statistics:
- Traffic fatalities increased by 7% from 2015 to 2016
- Serious traffic injuries increased by 8.6% from 2014 to 2015
- Alcohol-impaired fatalities went up 2% from 2015 to 2016
Alexander Gorman represents those severely injured in car accidents in the greater Sacramento area and Northern California. He also prosecutes wrongful death actions on behalf of family members who have lost a loved one as the result of the willful or negligent conduct of a careless driver. The victims of all such accidents require the type of knowledge, skills, and experience Mr. Gorman has garnered over the past 27 years.
What to Do at the Scene of a Car Accident
Initially, after an accident, you may experience confusion especially when you realize that you or a loved one may be injured.
Here are items you can do to protect yourself:
- Seek Medical Attention. Your health should be first and foremost. If someone is injured call 911.
- Eye Witness Accounts. If you are physically able, collect the names and contact information of anyone who witnessed the accident. Witnesses can be other drivers, passengers, pedestrians, and those in nearby businesses.
- Take Pictures. Always remember that a picture is worth a thousand words. Taking photos at the scene of the accident could serve as important evidence later. Take detailed pictures of the accident from different angles. If you have been injured take pictures of your injuries.
If you or someone you love has been involved in a car accident, contact GORMAN LAW OFFICE and speak with an experienced Sacramento trial attorney today. Consultations are always free and confidential.