This policy does not address the information gathered from other sources such as in-person interaction with our lawyers or staff members, attendance at a seminar conducted by GORMAN LAW or any internet-based application.
What Personal Data Is Gathered and How It Is Used
Information about our users is collected from the users, through cookies, and from our Web server logs. We don't share any of the information you offer, except when we think that the law requires it.
You can visit our website, blogs, and social media accounts without providing any type of information about yourself. We ask personal information from you if you complete the contact form on our site (e-mail address, name, phone number, and state). You don’t have an obligation to give any information.
Do not offer please, confidential, proprietary, or important personally identifiable information (your date of birth, driver's license number, credit cards, bank accounts, Social Security Number, or other financial data.) If you submit any personal information, you do at your risk. We will not be liable to you or answer for the results of your submission.
We use all information that you provide through the contact form so that we may answer your inquiry. We may also use the information you offer for future communication with you. If you do not wish to receive such communications, you can unsubscribe.
If you send to our office an email, the following applies:
- sending us an email does not create a lawyer-client relationship,
- any type of unsolicited data from you is not confidential or privileged,
- with any unwanted information without first receiving an engagement agreement from our office, you agree that we can look at it without establishing a lawyer-client relationship,
- our review of this unsolicited data does not prevent our office from representing any client with directly adverse interest to you,
- any disputes generated by the information you submit will be governed by the applicable laws of the United States, regardless of where the message may have originated.
With any email, you receive from GORMAN LAW, that markets our services, you will be provided with an automated way to unsubscribe from that and from all marketing messages sent by email.
GORMAN LAW asks you to read the privacy policies of websites you link to from our website so that you can find out how they collect, use, and share your information. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or other content on sites outside of the GORMAN LAW website.
We collect and use your personal information to operate the GORMAN LAW website and deliver the services you have requested. Our website also uses your personally identifiable information to update you on other products or services available from Gorman LAW and its affiliates. Our website shall communicate with you via surveys to operate research about your impression of our current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
GORMAN LAW will not sell, rent, or lease mailing lists or other user information to others and will not make your personal data available to any unaffiliated parties, except:
- website vendors, contractors, and agents who may use it on behalf of GORMAN LAW or in connection with their relationship with us,
- if GORMAN LAW is unable to assist with your problem or request but knows an unaffiliated firm or lawyer that may be able to help you, we may refer you and share information you provided us with that party,
- as required by law, in a matter of public safety or policy, as needed in connection with the transfer of our business assets.
- if we believe that sharing the information is necessary to protect our rights or property.
When reasonably practicable, GORMAN LAW will attempt to respect your privacy. The GORMAN LAW website will reveal your personal information, without notice, only if obliged to do so by law or when such action considered by us necessary. We will disclose your personal information to defend and protect the rights or property of GORMAN LAW. Also, our website will disclose your personal data to comply with legal process or legal requirements of any governmental authority.
GORMAN LAW doesn't use or reveal sensitive personal information, for example, race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit permission.
Web Server Logs
When you visit our site, we may track data about your visit and store it in web server logs, which are accounts of the actions on our sites. The servers automatically capture and save the data electronically. We may gather data like:
- your unique IP address,
- the name of your unique ISP,
- the country/state, county, city/town, from where you access our site,
- the type of browser or computer you use,
- the number of links you access within the site,
- the date and time of your access,
- the web page from which you arrived at our site,
- the pages you viewed,
- pages and queries that you conducted via this website.
The data we gather in web server logs helps us to administer the site, provide general usage statistics, protect it and its content from inappropriate use, and improve our user’s experience.
Cookies and Passive Tracking
Most Internet browsers are originally set up to accept cookies, but you have the choice to configure your browser to alert you when you receive a cookie and choose whether to accept or reject it. You can also block all cookies. You need to understand that you may not be able to use all of the functionality of the site if you don't accept cookies.
Security of Your Personal Information
GORMAN LAW maintains appropriate security measures in order to protect your personal data from accidental loss, unauthorized use, access, disclosure, or alteration. However, we are not able to attest that unauthorized persons will always be unable to destruct the security measures of our website.
Access and Corrections
You are free to opt-out of any future contacts from us at any time. Contact us via the phone number, contact form, or mailing address on our site at any time to see what information we have about you, to access and update personal data you submit through our site. You may also ask us to delete any data we have about you and to opt-out of any future communication from us.